Vesting Hardwax Oil - 3000 Series is a collection of high-quality finishing product for the treatment of wooden surfaces. Hardwax Oil provides an excellent finish that protects your floor from moisture, debris, and every day use. The deep natural appearance of Hardwax Oil is one of this products best selling points, as the finish looks great and wears well over time. This product is suitable for indoor use only, and does not perform well outside.
Application & Dry Time:
Apply this product with buffing pads, cloth rags, or by using a roll-coating machine. Wipe the product onto the wood surface deeply and then wipe away the excess oil. The finished product should be free from streaking or excess moisture buildup for the best results. The average dry-time for this product is 6-12 hours per finish coat. This product drys from oxidation and open air exposure.
We recommend Vesting Wax & Clean for daily maintenance of finished products. Dry mopping finished products is another viable option for cleaning. For renovation, use a light coat of the same hardwax oil over the top of the old finish. Vesting Intense Cleaner should be used sparingly and only for tough stains that will not come out during regular cleaning.
Hardwax Oil is recommended for indoor application only. Water does the most damage to this finish product, and excess moisture should be cleaned up whenever possible to prevent issues from occurring. This product works well with all wood species, with different results varying based on the wood species. This product will only produce a protective seal over unfinished wood, and is not guaranteed to protect other prefinished wood products if applied over another wood finish.
Benefits of Hardwax Oil:
- Oxidative Curing Process: This product is sealed through oxidation by capturing the oxygen available in the open air. That means that there are no special machines required to use this finish. Simply apply the finish, wait for it to dry, and it will cure in time.
- Wide Range of Colors: There are twenty unique color variations of this product, giving you plenty of options to choose from.
- Strong Protective Seal: Hardwax Oil provides a tough seal that wicks away moisture and prevents debris from scratching the face of the wood. This seal will last almost indefinitely if left untouched and will prevent most damage to the wood surface.
- Easy Reapplication: The protective seal created by the natural oils of this product can be rejuvenated over the years to maintain the protection of the product as well as to keep the appearance of the finished wood looking fresh. Oil finishes can have additional layers of protection added to them in the form of Vesting Wax & Clean or Vesting Maintenance Oil.
- Reputation of Excellence: As one of the original product lines offered by Vesting, these hardwax oil finishes have been updated throughout the years to meet the ever-shifting requirements of wood professionals. Through trial and error, these products have been modified to enhance their visual appeal, ensure maximum protection, and maintain their reputation of excellence.